Sunday, February 5, 2012

Holy Workout

I've recently started working out at Body Sculptor Inc. It's this small premier fitness studio in the heart of Buckhead (the glitzy part of Atlanta). Now let me get a few things straight: 1. I am not glitzy in any fashion and 2. this "premier" studio happens to be owned by the one, and only Dolvett Quince (the BL trainer).

So, I went this past Friday for a consultation with my now trainer Dexter. We did a small 15 minute workout to give me a "taste" of what to expect...and I was sore. Who knew isolating muscles could hurt burn so much (yes, I need to add "workout" in my 14 hour days on a regular basis).

Saturday morning I woke up and decided I would attend their Pure Energy class. Holy intensity, it was an hour and a half of straight muscle work. I seriously felt like I was on Biggest Loser. Leaving the gym, I was worried about driving home my shoulders and arms were shaking so much. As the day progressed I could feel every muscle in my body...even my intercostal muscles (the muscles between your ribs).

Today, I'm a bit sore. I cheated last night and took a nice long soak in the tub (it was a nice romantic evening....me, my Irene Gold board book, and a hot bath).
I return to workout with Dex on Tuesday at the butt crack of dawn....I'm already getting my game face on.

No comments:

Post a Comment