Thursday, May 17, 2012

Post Midterm Celebration

This past Saturday the boy surprised me with  a day date to Hilton Head.  It was such a great day!
Our day started with Rob making breakfast (cooking isn't his jam--but the man can throw down some breakfast), a little movie watching, got a workout in--an ordinary Saturday for us.

Post workout Rob told me to get in the shower, we needed to leave by 2:30 for our dolphin cruise.
Side note: I have wanted to do a dolphin cruise for a REALLY long time. Therefore excitement level 11/10. 
Rob saw a Groupon for the cruise and bought it for our year and a half anniversary. Which made the day even better, because I really didn't think he remembered that either.
Side note: Rob is fairly good at remembering dates, work is running him ragged right now--so I completely understand if he forgot. He's not a flower guy, or even much of card guy. He does simple things. 


The Day Date
First stop: Treats before Hilton Head. Rob got the standard Icee (his fav), and me, a diet coke.

Second stop: Dolphin Cruise. It was an hour and a half tour filled with dolphins, and new facts. I now have MORE random facts to add to the large amount of useless knowledge I already have. The tour left from Harbor Town went through the Savannah River, and Calibogue Sound. The tour group we "cruised" with was Vagabond Cruise

Third Stop:  Dinner at The Salty Dog Cafe on South Beach. I have seen many shirts for this place, so we decided we should try it! It was a great place- fresh seafood (so yummy!).

Fourth Stop: Ice cream! Ice cream is a rare treat for us--this place had great homemade ice cream. This place is in The Salty Dog "complex" per say.

Last Stop: Home! We had to get home so Rob could watch the hockey game...(insert eye roll here)

Spontaneous dates like this makes me appreciate Rob even more! 




No comments:

Post a Comment