Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tone it Up Tuesday

The other day I came across an interesting article from Dr. Mercola, the heading was "The Hidden Reason You Get Flabby"...which obviously caught my eye. I mean, I eat "well", my workout regiment is a combo of strength, endurance running, high intensity interval training, and cycling. No, I do not do all 4 of these on the same day...but I stick to this area of exercise.

My diet is high protein, low carb, low glycemic index. I actually have mixed and matched a few plans together.
The first one was created for me from one of the trainers at Body Sculptor Inc, his name is LC (he is fantastic at what he does-he is a trainer AND he does nutrition plans). 
Side note: I workout with Dexter at Body Sculptor Inc (he is also fantastic at what he does....seriously the hardest workouts I have ever done). 
The second plan is from the gals of Tone It Up, which is another fantastic community. This plan is updated 4x a year, you pay a one time fee to get the general plan and then the updates are FREE! They also have a monthly workout calendar, and weekly workouts. I really encourage you to check them out, not only are they virtual trainers, but the gals that are in the Tone It Up program are really supportive of each other.

But, in this article exercise wasn't the focus, and the "a calorie is a calorie" was definitely not the focus.
The focus: sugar.
Fact: Our body treats sugar like it treats alcohol and other toxins. Our body identifies sugar as a toxin.....which means I'm toxic, your toxic...we are all toxic.

What made me wonder...how toxic am I?
This article does a wonderful job explaining how our body processes the foods that we eat, and the correct steps to get on the right track.
I am providing the link to this article, because I know I can't write a summary of this article that would do it justice. I do know that this article will save lives, and I really encourage you to watch the video, read the article and pass it on!
The Hidden Reason You Get Flabby

No comments:

Post a Comment