Thursday, May 17, 2012


This week has just been one of those weeks. I've been preparing for a really large exam, apartment searching (yes...I'm moving AGAIN). I just felt defeated yesterday. Instead of sitting on my couch (still feeling defeated) I went to Pure Energy, which is a class at Dolvett Quince's (trainer from Biggest Loser) gym.
Pure Energy is a class they normally do on Saturday at 10, last night they did an extra class led by Dolvett (yes, he is even more beautiful in person). It was a tough class, and now I can see how the Biggest Loser contestants drop weight, and look great! I put all I had into those 90 minutes of class; not only because Dolvett and his awesome staff were there, but because I needed that release. The release of being out of my mind, out of control, blocking the entire world out and focusing on ME.

At the end of class we did a little meditation sesh, he had us close our eyes and visualize our goal.
As we visualized our goal, he had us visualize the journey it will take to reach our goal...at this point I was fighting back tears. We get caught up in day to day life we lose sight of our goals, our dreams, our ambitions. 
Once we had our goal, visualized our journey....we needed to fall in love with our journey. We needed to be at peace with our journey, embrace our journey, and at the end celebrate success of completing our journey.

After that, I felt alive...and I still feel alive. I am ready to love my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment